Education and Academic Qualifications
September 4, 2019 Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale 01/A2-Geometria e Algebra, Professor, Prima Fascia
April 2013 habilitierter Doktor der Naturwissenschaften, University of Bayreuth
October 17, 2005 Ph.D. in Mathematics at SISSA, Trieste (Italy), Thesis: Orbifold cohomology of ADE singularities, Advisors: Prof. B. Fantechi, Prof. L. Göttsche
April 4, 2001 Degree in Mathematics at the University of Camerino (Italy), Score 110 cum Laude. Thesis: Dynamics of non-holonomic systems with symmetries, Advisors: Prof. G. Giachetta, Prof. L. Mangiarotti
Current position From March 2015 Associate Professor of Geometry at the University of Trieste
Dec. 2012-Feb. 2015 Assistant Professor (Ricercatore) at SISSA, Trieste (Italy)
Jan. 2008-Nov. 2012 University of Bayreuth (Germany), assistant of Prof. F. Catanese
Nov. 2005-Dec 2007 University of Zürich (Switzerland), assistant of Prof. Ch. Okonek
Short term visits
August 2022 National University of Singapore, Singapore
April-May 2019 School of Mathematical Sciences, Fudan University (Shanghai)
January 2017 National University of Singapore, Singapore
March 2012 Max-Planck-Institute, Bonn
Sept. 2008-Aug. 2009 Max-Planck-Institute, Bonn
May-August 2008 Hausdorff Research Institute, Bonn
August 2006 SISSA, Trieste
Editor-in-Chief of Rendiconti dell'Istituto di Matematica dell'Università di Trieste, An International Journal of Mathematics (since Jan. 2022)
Member of the research project PRIN 2017 "Moduli Theory and Birational Classification", coordinatrice Lucia Caporaso, responsabile Ugo Bruzzo.
Member of the research project PRIN 2015 "Geometria delle varieta’ algebriche", coordinatore Alessandro Verra, responsabile Emilia Mezzetti.
Coordinator of FRA 2015 "Geometria e topologia delle varietà ed applicazioni".
I participated in the following projects: FRA 2013 "Geometria e topologia delle varietà"; PRIN 2010-11 "Geometria delle varietà algebriche"; DFG Forschergruppe 790 “Classification of Algebraic Surfaces and Compact Complex Manifolds”, Coordinator: Prof. Dott. Fabrizio Catanese; Nationalfondsprojekt 47101008 “Complex Geometry”, Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Christian Okonek.
- Recent Developments in Algebraic Geometry, Arithmetic and Dynamics Part 2, 21--25 Aug. 2023, National University of Singapore
- Complex Algebraic Geometry and related topics, in honor of Fabrizio Catanese on the occasion of his 70th birthday, Gargnano del Garda, 19--23 Sept. 2022
- Recent Development in Algebraic Geometry, National University of Singapore (Singapore), August 2022
- Workshop in honour of Lothar Goettsche 60th birthday, December 2021 (online)
- Quiver varieties, moduli spaces and applications to mathematical physics, Università degli Studi di Genova, December 2018
- Differential, Algebraic and Topological Methods in Complex Algebraic Geometry, Cetraro (Cosenza), September 2018
- Classification and Moduli Theory of Algebraic Varieties, Ischia (NA), Italy, 10-17 September 2017.
- Loci of Riemann and Klein Surfaces with Automorphisms (special session in the Meeting of the Swedish, Spanish and Catalan Mathematical Societies), Umeå, June 12-15, 2017.
- Algebraic Geometry, Holomorphic Dynamics, and Their Interactions, Institute for Mathematical Sciences, National University of Singapore (Singapore), 3-28 January 2017.
- Workshop on Arithmetic and Geometry, Cetraro (Italy), 26 August - 4 September 2016.
- GVA 2016, Geometry and Classsification of Algebraic Varieties, Levico Terme, June 20-25, 2016.
- University of Bayreuth, January 25, 2016, seminar "Galois covers of algebraic varieties: the simple dihedral case".
- Geometry Colloquium in Trieste, University of Trieste, January 22, 2016, seminar "Galois covers of algebraic varieties: the simple dihedral case".
- National University of Ireland, Galway, March 2015, seminar "Topology of the moduli space of curves with a given group of automorphisms".
- Christmas Workshop on Moduli Spaces and Integrable Systems, University of Genova, December 2014, seminar "On the moduli space of curves with symmetry".
- University of Roma Tre, 23 January 2014, seminar "On the locus of curves with a given group of automorphisms".
- University of Trieste, 17 December 2013, seminar "On the locus of curves with a given group of automorphisms".
- TULSF VIII, A meeting in Algebraic Geometry, University of Ljubljana, 19 September 2013, seminar "On the components of moduli spaces of curves with symmetry".
- RECENT TRENDS ON MODULI SPACES OF CURVES, University of Trieste - SISSA - University of Udine, 13-14 June 2013, seminar "On the components of moduli spaces of curves with group actions".
- Complex Algebraic Geometry, MFO Oberwolfach, 26 May-1 June 2013, seminar "On the components of moduli spaces of curves with symmetry".
- Meeting of the DFG Forschergruppe FOR790, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg 21-23 February 2013, seminar "Genus stabilization for moduli of curves with symmetries"
- Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, 19 September 2012, seminar "Sul luogo delle curve con un dato gruppo di automorfismi".
- Banff International Research Station, Banff (Canada), 25-30 March 2012, seminar "Irreducibility of moduli spaces of curves with a fixed group of automorphisms".
- Automorphisms of algebraic varieties -- Dynamics and Arithmetic, Shirahama
Wakayama (Japan), 19 - 23 December 2011, seminar "Pseudo-automorphisms of large dynamical degrees on the blowups of products of projective spaces"
- XIX Congresso dell’Unione Matematica Italiana, Bologna 12–17 settembre 2011, seminar "Orbifolds in Geometria ed in Fisica".
- Winter School on Algebraic Geometry - Algebraic surfaces and related topics, Phoenix Park (Pyeongchang, Korea), 23 - 26 February 2010, seminar "The fundamental group of quotients of a product of curves".
- Mini-workshop on Algebraic Geometry, University of Milano, 21 - 22 December 2009, seminar "Automorphisms of rational manifolds of positive entropy with Siegel disks".
- University of Montpellier, 2 April 2009, seminar "The cohomological crepant resolution conjecture for transverse A-singularities".
- Arbeitstreffen der Forschergruppe 790 “Classification of Algebraic Surfaces and
Compact Complex Manifolds”, University of Bayreuth, 19 - 21 February 2008, seminar "Orbifold cohomology and crepant resolutions".
- Program on Algebraic, Symplectic Geometry and Physics, Centre Interfacultaire
Bernoulli EPFL, Lausanne, 20 - 31 August 2007, seminar "The cohomological crepant resolution conjecture for P(1,3,4,4)".
- Trimester at Henri Poincaré Institute Groupoids and Stacks in Physics and Geometry,
Institute Henri Poincaré, Paris, 15 March 2007, seminar "Toric stacks".
- Workshop on Quantum Cohomology of Stacks, Institute Henri Poincaré, Paris,
12 - 16 February 2007, seminar "Chen-Ruan cohomology of ADE singularities".
- Giornate di Geometria Algebrica ed argomenti correlati VIII, SISSA, Trieste,
27 - 29 May 2006, seminar "Orbifold cohomology of ADE-singularities".
- Workshop on Generalized McKay correspondences and representation theory,
MSRI, Berkeley, CA, 20 - 24 March 2006, seminar "The cohomological crepant resolution conjecture for orbifolds with transverse A_n singularities".
- University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, February 2006, seminar "The cohomological crepant resolution conjecture for orbifolds with transverse A_n singularities".
- University of Zürich, 9 May 2005, seminar "Orbifold cohomology of transverse ADE singularities".
Organised conferences and workshops
- Conference "Refined invariants in moduli theory(link is external)", at SISSA and UniTS, 2-5 May 2023
- Admcycles coding workshop + Moduli Spaces of curves conference(link is external) in Les Diablerets, 27 Feb - 4 Mar 2023
- Workshop "Young algebraic geometry meeting", at UniTS, 19 Dec. 2019
- Workshop "Moduli spaces in algebraic geometry and mathematical physics", at Chern Institute of Mathematics, Tianjin (China), 14--18 Sept. 2015
- Conference "Interactions between Geometry and Physics", 17--21 Aug. 2015, Guaruja', San Paolo (Brasil)
- Conference "Symmetries of Kaehler manifolds, dynamics and moduli spaces", at SISSA (Trieste), 22--26 Sept. 2014
- "School and workshop on Gromov-Witten inariants", at SISSA (Trieste), 21--26 June 2004